Last Updated: 13th June 2017
This Personal Air Conditioner (unit) and its accompanying accessories are warranted by Close Comfort Pty Ltd (ABN 81 128 172 083) (“Close Comfort Australia”) against defects in design, materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase. This Warranty is only valid for the Australian market.
Equipment defects covered by this Warranty will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Close Comfort Australia without cost to the owner for parts of direct repair labour. The repair or replacement will be carried out at the premises of an authorised Close Comfort Dealer, agent or Close Comfort Australia. In-home service is not provided on this unit. The owner is responsible for all transport costs and in-transit insurance associated with returning the unit to the authorised repair centre.
Any parts or equipment replaced under this Warranty will be warranted in accordance with the provisions of this Warranty for the remainder of the original warranty period.
The rights given by the Close Comfort Australia Warranty (this Warranty) are in addition to the guarantees and rights afforded by the Australian Consumer Law.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Last Updated: 13th June 2017
This Warranty DOES NOT cover:
- Damage or problems or unsatisfactory performance caused to the unit by faulty or incorrect external wiring, incorrect power supply, voltage fluctuations, over voltage transients or electromagnetic interference not originating within the unit.
- Damage or problems caused by the use of an accessory, component or equipment not supplied by Close Comfort Australia.
- Damage or problems caused by storm, fire, flood, vandalism, negligence, accidental damage, Acts of God, earthquake, war, vermin, foreign matter entering the unit (e.g. dirt and moisture) or any other outside agency.
- Freight charges (including insurance) incurred by the owner in returning the unit to Close Comfort Australia or an authorised repair centre, dealer or agent.
- In-home or on-site service and any associated costs.
- Any consumable items (e.g. batteries) supplied with the unit unless the item is shown to be defective at the time of purchase.
- Damage or problems or unsatisfactory performance resulting from operation in an environment where the environmental comfort of humans is not the primary function of the unit.
- Damage caused by operation in a corrosive atmosphere or excessive humidity.
- Damage of problems or unsatisfactory performance resulting from operations at conditions outside the operating conditions specified in the Close Comfort Australia technical or sales literature applicable to the unit.
- Damage or problems or unsatisfactory performance resulting from misapplication of the unit.
- Damage or problems or unsatisfactory performance resulting from leaking or exhausted batteries.
The owner is responsible for the correct operation and regular maintenance of the unit as listed below. The correction of any non-product fault or problem is not covered by this Warranty.
- Operation and maintenance of the unit in accordance with the operating instructions; as provided with purchase of the unit.
- Regular cleaning of the air filters (every 2 weeks) and replacement if damaged.
- Replacement of exhausted batteries, in the remote control.
- Cleaning of heat exchangers by a qualified air conditioner technician in the event of excessive dust accumulation on the fins and tubes.
Steps to Claim Warranty
Owners should do the following, within the applicable warranty period, when claiming warranty:
- Stop using the unit entirely and unplug it from any power source
- Contact an authorised dealer, agent or Close Comfort Australia to report the fault; please provide a detailed description (see contact information below or on front face of warranty card)
- Contact us via phone or email
- If confirmed, follow instructions by Close Comfort Australia on preparing and sending unit for warranty assessment.
- Provide evidence of the original purchase, such as a retailer’s sales receipt, or evidence of payment of an original tax invoice.
- Do not dispose of electrical appliances as unsorted municipal waste. Use separate collection facilities.
- Contact your local government for information regarding the collection systems available.
- If electrical appliances are disposed of in landfills or dumps, hazardous substances can leak into the ground water, polluting the food chain and damaging health and well-being.